The Brooks Polycold® P-102 Cryocoolers provide compact, easy-to-use alternative to liquid nitrogen in small vacuum systems. These cryogenerators effectively eliminate the cost, inconvenience, and hazards associated with using liquid nitrogen — while delivering comparable performance.
The P-102 Cryocooler provides high-speed pumping of water vapor to the 10-8 Torr range while preventing backstreaming of vacuum-pump fluids. Featuring a patented single compressor refrigeration process that employs auto-refrigerating cycle cooling, this cryogenerator directly cools chevron baffles or probes to as low as -135°C using an HCFC-free refrigerant mixture in a closed loop system.
- Continuous cooling of cryosurfaces
- Heat removal to 120 Watts
- Vacuum system cold trap cooling
- Mass spectrometer leak detector
- Provides temperatures to -135°C
- Heat removal to 120 Watts
- Fast, easy installation and maintenance
- Rapid return on investment
P-102 Cryocoolers are CE marked to low voltage and EMC directives, and are compliant with European Application refrigerants EC/2037/2000, the Montreal Protocol and the US EPA SNAP.
PCC Compact Coolers – Next Generation CryoTiger
The Brooks Polycold® PCC Compact Cooler is a compact, high-performance cooling system that brings new levels of efficiency and reliability to demanding applications such as high-resolution digital imaging, analytical chemistry, life sciences, materials analysis, semiconductor inspection, scientific research and water vapor cryotrapping. With its compact design and remote cold end, the PCC delivers a robust heat removal system capable of maintaining temperatures as low as -203° C (70 Kelvin) — all in a small footprint.
Incorporating next-generation Cryotiger® technology, the PCC delivers proven, dependable cooling and is designed to ensure repeatable performance and minimize maintenance costs.
- Rugged, low vibration cold end that can be used in any orientation
- Compact size for small footprint
- Cooling to -203° C
- Rapid cool down
- Remote cold end and minimal connections for optimal flexibility
- Closed cycle compressor that uses patented gas blends and innovative oil management for quiet, reliable performance in a small footprint
- Eliminates of the cost, inconvenience and risks associated with liquid nitrogen
Brooks Polycold® PGC Gas Chillers
The Brooks Polycold® Gas Chillers cool compressed dry gases, such as nitrogen, argon or air, from ambient to cryogenic temperature without pre-cooling. PGC Gas Chillers are closed-loop refrigeration systems that cool a non-recirculating gas stream using a refrigerant to gas tube-in-tube heat exchanger.
Using the Polycold auto-refrigerating cascade technique with a mixed refrigerant, PGC Gas Chillers enable you to cool dry gas to temperatures between -75°C and 125°C without sacrificing high flow rates. PGC Gas Chillers are suitable for many applications, including thermal testing of electronics, cold gas venting of vacuum chambers, rheology, and low-temperature characterization of materials. They are the most cost-effective systems available for cooling a gas stream in an ultra-low temperature range (-75° to -125°C/ -103° to -193°F/198 to 148 K) without the cost, risk or inconvenience of liquid nitrogen.
- Free standing, compact size
- Rated for continuous operation
- Shipped ready to operate
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Single compressor for reliable performance
- 50 or 60 Hz operation, single phase
- Power switch and eight-foot power cord
- Patented refrigerant gases
PGC Gas Chillers are CE compliant, SEMI S2 compliant, and US EPA-SNAP approved. Proprietary and patented Polycold refrigerant mixtures are fully compliant with current European environment regulations.
Polycold MaxCool Cryochillers are closed loop cryogenic refrigeration systems that provide up to 2,500 watts or 4,000 watts of cooling, respectively. These cryochillers can be used to capture water vapor and other condensable substances by freezing them onto a cold surface such as a cryocoil or chevron baffle. MaxCool cryochillers are also used to cool and heat objects such as electrostatic chucks used in semiconductor wafer processing.
MaxCool 2500 L Cryochiller
Water Vapor Pumping
The Polycold MaxCool 2500 L cryochiller effectively captures water vapor, which comprises 65% to 95% of the residual gas in high vacuum systems. Water vapor is typically the most reactive contaminant present. With the MaxCool Cryochiller, you can expect to increase product throughput in your existing system 20% to 100% and improve quality of deposition.
The MaxCool Advantage
- High-vacuum pumpdown time cut by up to 75%
- High-speed pumping of water vapor: 10,000 to 140,000 l/sec in the workspace
- Increased product throughput of 20% to 100%
- Lower water vapor partial pressure during processing for higher film quality, better adhesion and more reproducible deposition
- Superior in cost/performance to liquid nitrogen cooled Meissners
- Minimize cost of ownership with power management
- High capacity cooling and heating for a wide variety of processes
When added to your vacuum system, the MaxCool Cryochiller can dramatically reduce pumpdown times and increase product throughput. The MaxCool will pump water vapor within minutes from “start” and can defrost in less than four minutes, giving true fast-cycle capability. It also has an option called Rapid Cool to Cool which eliminates the waiting period after defrost. For your system, this means more production cycles per shift.
Using patented Polycold® refrigerant mixtures, the MaxCool works on the principle of Meissner trapping. Water vapor is captured by condensation on a cryogenically cooled surface, called a Meissner coil. The Meissner (cryocoil) is mounted directly in the vacuum chamber so conductance is not limited by ports, manifolds, valves, and baffles. The cryocoil is easy to install and can be adapted to fit any system.
It does not need a high vacuum valve.
MaxCool Cryochillers are the most cost effective upgrade that you can add to any diffusion-pumped, turbo- pumped, or helium-cryopumped system.
MaxCool Cryochillers are compliant with European Application Refrigerants (EC 1005/2009), the Montreal Protocol, and the US EPA SNAP.
- -120 to -145C (153 to 128K)
- Heat Removal to2500 watts
- Cryocondenses Water Vapor in Vacuum Systems with Speeds to 140,000 l/sec Vacuum levels to 8 x 10-10 torr (1 x 10-9mbar)
- Theoretical maximum pumping speed 208,600 l/s
- Increased productivity with rapid cool to cool
- Option for power management to minimize cost of ownership
- Temperature control
- Patented Green refrigerant charge is globally compliant, non-toxic, and non-flammable
- Based on Polycold proven, innovative, dependable mixed gas refrigeration
- Compliant to EU PED, MD and ROHS
- TUV Rheinland Listed to NRTL/CANADA Safety Standards
- ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturer
PFC Water Vapor Cryochiller
The Brooks Polycold® PFC Water Vapor Cryochiller effectively captures water vapor, which typically comprises 65% to 95% of the gas load in high vacuum systems. It pumps vapor within minutes of “start,” defrosts in less than four minutes, and lowers water vapor partial pressure during processing for higher quality, better adhesion, and more reproducible deposition.
When added to your vacuum system, the PFC Cryochiller can reduce pumpdown times by 25% to 75% and can increase product throughout by 20% to 100%. In addition, the PFC Cryochiller offers a superior cost/performance ratio compared to liquid nitrogen cooled Meissners — typically delivering return on investment in as little as one year.
- -90° to -155° C (183 to 118 K)
- Simple, tube-type cold element
- Cryocondensation of water vapor in vacuum systems at speeds up to 200,000 L/sec, vacuum levels to 2 x 10-12 torr depending on model and application
- Heat removal to 3600 watts
- Globally compliant, non-toxic and non-flammable green refrigerant charge
- Patented cryogenic refrigeration process and refrigerant mixtures
- Availability in a variety of cryocoil configurations
Brooks CTI-Cryogenics Cryodyne Refrigeration Systems are a family of two-stage, closed-cycle helium refrigeration systems based on the Gifford-McMahon thermodynamic cycle. They offer usable heat lift from <10K to >80K, making them highly suitable for a variety of commercial and research applications.
Cryodyne Refrigeration Systems Include:
- A refrigerator assembly
- A compressor assembly
- A customized installation kit consisting of flexible interconnecting gas lines and refrigerator cable ranging from the standard 10-foot separation length up to 300-foot lengths
Brooks offers the most thoroughly proven closed-cycle helium refrigeration systems on the market today, with over 65,000 commercial systems produced to date.